Fondant aux Poires et au Gingembre
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
3 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
4 oz. Butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup Flour
1 tbsp. Yeast (or use flour with yeast incorporated)
3 Ripe Pears
1 tbsp. Shredded Fresh Ginger (or ginger powder)
Powdered Sugar to decorate
Butter for baking dish
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Butter baking dish.
2. Peel pears. Cut into thick slices. Place slices, going from the center to the edges, on bottom of baking dish. It should look like a multi-tipped star.
2. Combine flour, yeast, ginger, and cocoa powder. Stir.
3. In another bowl mix the butter and sugar until it is smooth.
4. Stir in 2 eggs, one at a time into butter cream. Slowly add flour mixture. Stir until homogenous.
5. Pour batter into baking dish over pears. Bake for about 30 minutes. Check to see that the fondant is cooked by inserting the blade of a knife. If it comes out clean, it's done. If not, continue baking until finished.
6. Turn off the oven, leave fondant inside, with oven door open, for 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve slightly warm or cold.